When we work for other entities, be they publishers, museums and galleries, other organisations or individuals, we generally handle whole projects from concept to supervision of printing and delivery, but we are happy to discuss other packages to fit individual needs. Editorial projects are particularly welcome.
As anyone who has been involved in publishing a book will know, a wide range of tasks is involved in the process. We offer:
- discussion of the idea for a book and advice about appropriate treatments and production packages, including estimates of cost
- editing, always in close collaboration with the author and/or artist, from straightforward copy editing and proof reading to significant levels of editing and rewriting; we often also take on the indexing of texts that we have edited.
- advice and/or hands-on help with or organisation of picture research
- commissioning and supervision of colour reproduction, checking of proofs and colour correction
- commissioning and supervision of printing, including passing the job on press
- arranging the production of an e-book edition
We do not offer publicity or promotional services ourselves, but we may well be able to find and liaise with appropriate third parties to deal with these essential aspects of publishing on a book-to-book basis.
Although Cameron & Hollis does not have its own distribution services, we may be able to provide an ISBN linked to our company should that be desired. We may also be able to arrange for distribution of your book should it fit within the (broad) parameters of our distributor’s list.